Saturday, May 15, 2010

Balancing act....

I know that it has been awhile since I have posted and although I had lamented in the past that there really is no good reason not to write, this time I think I should get a pass.

On Tuesday, April 27th I was diagnosed with Leukemia and things have been going at a maddening pace since then.  It wasn't until just a few days ago that I was able to get my laptop so that I could once again resume blogging.  I had gone back and forth as to whether I should just include my thoughts and writing about how I am dealing with this diagnosis, the treatment and how it is changing my life here on Southern Fried Life...but you know me, I gotta be difficult.

So, Southern Fried Life will remain as is with post about how my kids are plotting ways to get me checked into a padded cell so they can rule the world, how Jon and I are muddling through our marriage, job and me just being C-R-A-Z-Y.  Then there will be Life In The Land of L where I will be writing about coping with this most unexpected diagnosis, treatment and all the things that come with having your life turned upside down by cancer. 

I hope that  you will continue to read, enjoy and laugh. 

~JP

No comments:

Post a Comment