Sunday, September 20, 2009

He's got spirit...but no glee!

I discovered Hulu yesterday.  And by discovered I mean...I was told about it several weeks ago by a link in my email which I never clicked and then yesterday with nothing to harvest on my farmville crops on facebook I decided to give it a whirl. 

There was so much to choose from so I decided I'd give two new shows a spin.  First up was Community with Joel McHale.  I made it about 1/2 way through and decided it wasn't for me.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I've got a 15 min to 1 episode rule.  If you can't suck me in during that time frame...well, sorry...I got better shit to rot my brain with.

Next up was glee.  Okay maybe it's my longing to return to the song and dance days of highschool but this show literally sucked me in after 5 minutes.  When the first episode ended I was like, "hey...what the fuck just happened to my computer...it totally cut off in the middle of that show..." then like a moron I realized that the episode was over and that there were thankfully 2 more for me to watch.

I was so impressed that I felt the need to share this show with Jon. 

He reluctantly agreed.  And by reluctantly I mean he stared at me like I was marching him to slaughter. 

First off I want to say that he made it through the whole first episode.  But I think that is because I told him if he watched the WHOLE thing and still didn't like it he would never be forced to watch it again.  He agreed.  Seriously he would have walked away when the first commercial played which I might add he bitched about seeing as this was on the computer and he believes there should be no commercial interuption.  I think he bitched about that because it was prolonging his version of torture.

When it ended he announced that he would in fact NEVER be watching this with me as "it's just not my kind of thing".  He then doned his Saints cap and marched out to the living room to take over the flat panel and teach Han a thing or two about football.

Hmmmmm....guess I just bought myself another hour of alone television time on Wednesday night.  Epic fail...or well planned win?  You decide.

~JP

No comments:

Post a Comment