Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is this Plan B?? Oh god...

When it became increasingly apparent, as I hacked up a lung while sitting on the toilet...because alas motherhood makes you have a leaky bladder when your coughing hard enough to dislodge an organ...that Jon was going to TOTALLY shirk his parental responsibility of taking the kids to school in lieu of going to work in order to make money to support the kids he was unwilling to take to school I felt it best to hatch a back-up plan.  

First thought was to let the teenager who has had 3 (count them 1...2...3) driving lessons and doesn't even possess a learners permit to drive her younger sister to school and then drive herself.  Of course she would be supervised.  I'm not totally irresponsible.  I would be in the car...hopped up on NyQuil and no sleep.

I realized that was a TOTALLY ridiculous idea.

See, I'm not a total loon here.  I figured letting Penny (yes, the dog) drive was a MUCH better idea.

 
Penny is very responsible.  Looking both ways before nearly running over the jackleg students that walk in front of us in the carpool line.  
Hello...you obviously aren't that smart if you are willing to walk in front of a woman under the influence of cold meds who has determined that it is safer to let her dog drive.  Thank god for your sorry asses that my dog is super smart and cares that you live.

After dropping off both the kids Penny had one thing on her mind.......

Of course she really didn't think McDonald's would be this damn busy at 8:45 a.m. on a Wednesday!  Come on...is the economy so bad that NO ONE has a job!  Seriously it can't be that bad because They have the money to get their grub on!  I just want a sweet tea....I'm dying here...I'm coughing up other organs that I am pretty sure I may need later.  Oh, yeah...and Penny wants a biscuit!


Finally...I got my tea...Penny got her biscuit (seen above licking her snout) and we can head home and go to bed like NyQuil intends us to do.  
Thankfully neither of us has to be responsible again until 2:45 p.m.
~JP

No comments:

Post a Comment